My name is Kevin McNamara and I am currently a Sr. Technical Artist at Apple. I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Harvard University in 2012 and I have a passion for computer generated media – namely animated films, special effects, and video games.
I hope that you find the content here informative, interesting, and hopefully inspiring. I’m always looking to connect with others in the industry – please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
— Work Experience —Apple, Inc. (Sr. Technical Artist) San Francisco Bay Area, CA (4/2015 – present)
- Procedural content generation
Microsoft Game Studios (Technical Artist) Seattle, WA (8/2012 – 4/2015)
- Developing a procedural city creation pipeline for the next generation of the Crackdown franchise.
- Researching and developing new tools and techniques for procedural content generation.
- Developing tools, plugins, and scripts to improve the content creation pipeline.
Pixar Animation Studios (Technical Director Intern)
Emeryville, CA (5/2011 – 8/2011)
- Spent 14 weeks as a technical director intern on the global technology team for Pixar’s 2012 film, Brave, and earned a credited title for work done on the movie.
- Worked together with full-time employees in developing various methods for automatically culling geometry in order to optimize render times as well as writing pipeline software for production.
- This work was used comprehensively across the entire Brave production as other subsequent feature films.
Pixar Animation Studios (Undergraduate Intern)
Emeryville, CA (6/2010 – 8/2010)
- A 10-week summer internship geared towards learning the Pixar pipeline and the role of a Technical Director.
- Studied shading (Render Man and Slim), modeling (Maya), lighting, rigging, and layout (Menv), and effects (Houdini)
- Completed weekly projects, a final group project, and a final individual project
Computer Science Peer Tutor
Harvard University (9/2009 – 12/2010)
- Served as an on-call peer tutor for students for Harvard’s Intro to Computer Science as well as the Systems Programming and Machine Organization courses, assisting students with problem sets, test preparation, and projects.
RIT: Center for Imaging Science (Multimodal Imaging Lab Intern)
Rochester, NY (6/2007 – 8/2007)
- Worked in the Modal Imaging Lab of Rochester Institute of Technology’s Center for Imaging Science.
- Helped develop a 3D rendering application to render 3D objects from MRI and PET scans, implemented multithreading in existing rendering applications and developed a new web site for the lab.